Thursday, August 21, 2014

GENERAL MANAGER

    With my ambitious aim to run a business, I was given opportunity to operate two high-end restaurants after my stint with Ocean Hospitality.   
    Oriental Saigon trusted and appointed me to be the Acting General Manager for Mandarine and Hoi An restaurants with over 120 personnel.
      I was balancing towards being critical to details in the operations while at the same time implement yielding strategies to increase revenue.
    Managing two high end products & services are a big challenge that it is a must to be more creative and innovative to beat the odds of having a complex structure.   
  I have a kitchen team that cannot speak English at all. Yet, my guests are 98% foreigners. It is a tall tasks to connect them to the needs and demands of  the guests.   This is on top of the challenge to maintain, if not increase the volume of repeat guests.    However, I was given the full title of General Manager.  At Oriental Saigon, I am able to bring some of my clients from the former company I work with. But the sweetest part of my achievement in this job is that I have saved a big chunk of the operating expenses including the increase of staff productivity. If you are in Le Thanh Ton or Ngo Van Nam by any chance, come and have a chance to meet me and my team, Hoi An Restaurant at 11 Le Thanh Ton and Mandarine Restaurant at 11A Ngo Van Nam. The two outlets were included in the Top 101 Restaurants in Asia survey of the US based website The Daily Meal.  Hoi An and Mandarine were among the five restaurants chosen in Vietnam as Top 101 restaurants in Asia.



No comments:

Post a Comment